#9 Nicholas Nardella
WEIGHT: 160 lbs.
BORN: February 9, 1999
HOMETOWN: Rosemont, Illinois
ACQUIRED: Signed to Storm's Affiliate List Sept. 29, 2015
FOLLOW Nick on Twitter | FOLLOW Nick on Instagram
- Brought in full-time from the Storm's Affiliate List on Dec. 2, 2016, Nardella comes from a family with a hockey-playing pedigree. Considered one of the Storm's fastest forwards by teammates and coaches.
With the Storm
- Made USHL debut on October 14 vs. Cedar Rapids, a 6-0 Storm win, after joining Tri-City as an active affiliate player. Also played his second USHL game on October 15 vs. Lincoln and watched the Storm overcome a one-goal third-period defict to beat the Stars, 4-3. Returned to the Chicago Mission after the weekend.
Before the Storm:
- 2016-17: In ten games with the Chicago Mission U18 scored four goals and 14 points in ten games.
- 2015-16: Payed for both the 16U and U16 lvel with the Chicago Mission, scoring six goals and 16 points in 28 games.
- 2012-15: Played for teh Chicago Mission Bantam Minor/Major and U16 clubs.
- Invited to the USA Select 16 and Select 17 clubs in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
- Older brother is former Storm defenseman Bobby Nardella, who set the Storm’s single-season record for points by a defenseman (42) in 2014-15. Bobby is a sophomore at Notre Dame, playing alongside 2015-16 Storm Captain and 2016 Clark Cup champion Tory Dello. The three players are products of the Chicago Mission youth program.
- Nardella’s father, Bob, is an Assistant Coach for the Chicago Wolves. Bob played in the USHL for the Des Moines Buccaneers (1986-88), was a defenseman at Ferris State (1988-91), played more than 600 professional games in North America and overseas, and represented Team Italy at the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics and the 2006 Turin Winter Olympics.
- Rosemont is the home of the AHL's Chicago Wolves.